UPDATE (9:02 a.m. March 20, 2020): The Rapid said it is limiting public access to Rapid Central Station, 250 Grandville Ave. SW, and closing Ehlers Amtrak Station, 440 Century Ave. SW, to the public until further notice on Friday, March 20 at 12:15 am to minimize the risk of COVID-19 exposure and transmissions. Please visit ridetherapid.org/coronavirus for updates.
In light of COVID-19, Amtrak has announced modified Midwest schedules effective Thursday and Saturday.
Service modifications are due to reduced travel demand and are in partnership with the Wisconsin, Illinois, Michigan and Missouri state transportation departments.
Effective March 19:
- Chicago-Milwaukee Hiawatha corridor service reduced to four daily round trips. Friday evening Hiawatha Train 343 also temporarily suspended.
- Chicago-Detroit-Pontiac Wolverine corridor service reduced to two daily round trips.
- Chicago-Holland-Grand Rapids Pere Marquette daily round trips suspended. Amtrak Thruway Bus connections to and from Grand Rapids are available daily via Kalamazoo.
- Some Amtrak Thruway Bus routes will have service modifications.
Effective March 21:
- Chicago-Milwaukee corridor service reduced to two daily round trips, including Hiawatha and Empire Builder trains.
- Chicago-St. Louis corridor service reduced to three daily round trips, including Lincoln Service and Texas Eagle trains.
- Chicago-Carbondale corridor service reduced to two daily round trips, including Illini and City of New Orleans trains.
- Chicago-Macomb-Quincy corridor service reduced to one daily round trip
- Chicago-Detroit-Pontiac Wolverine corridor service reduced to one daily round trip.
No changes will be made to Chicago-East Lansing-Port Huron Blue Water daily round trips or Kansas City-Jefferson City-St. Louis Missouri River Runner corridor services.