Founders will close its Grand Rapids and Detroit taprooms until April 5. Photo via fb.com
A national beer organization has raised a glass to several West Michigan breweries.
The Brewers Association has released its annual lists of the top 50 producing craft breweries and overall breweries in the U.S., based on beer sales volume, and three West Michigan breweries are in the rankings.
Kalamazoo-based Bell’s Brewery ranks as the No. 7 craft brewery and No. 16 overall brewery.
CANarchy, a national group of craft brewers, which includes Perrin Brewing Company in Comstock Park, is close behind as the No. 8 craft brewery and No. 17 overall brewery.
Grand Rapids-based Founders Brewing Co. ranks as the No. 14 overall brewery in the U.S.
Top 10 “Craft Brewing Companies”
1. D.G. Yuengling & Son, Inc. – Pottsville, Pennsylvania
2. Boston Beer Co. – Boston
3. Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. – Chico, California
4. New Belgium Brewing Co. – Fort Collins, Colorado
5. Duvel Moortgat – Paso Robles, California
6. Gambrinus – San Antonio, Texas
7. Bells Brewery, Inc. – Kalamazoo
8. CANarchy (Perrin Brewing Co.) – Comstock Park, etc.
9. Stone Brewing Co. – Escondido, California
10. Deschutes Brewery – Bend, Oregon
Top 10 “Brewing Companies Overall”
1. Anheuser-Busch, Inc. – St. Louis, Missouri
2. MillerCoors – Chicago
3. Constellation – Chicago
4. Heineken – White Plains, New York
5. Pabst Brewing Co. – Los Angeles
6. D. G. Yuengling & Son, Inc. Pottsville, Pennsylvania
7. Diageo – Norwalk, Connecticut
8. FIFCO, USA – Rochester, New York
9. Boston Beer Co. – Boston
10. Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. – Chico, California
The Brewers Association, based on Boulder, Colorado, is a nonprofit representing over 4,800 small and independent craft breweries across the U.S.