Interior of Thornapple Brewing Co. on 28th Street SE in Grand Rapids. Photo via fb.com
A local Grand Rapids brewery is kicking off beer month with an inaugural barrel-aged beer and music festival.
Thornapple Brewing Co. is hosting its first Barrelstock on Feb. 15, which will be a one-day festival of peace, music and 13 barrel-aged beers and ciders.
“The reason behind Barrelstock is to celebrate Grand Rapids Beer Month and showcase our barrel-aging program,” said Eric Fouch, Thornapple’s operations manager and long-time brewer. “We are super excited to roll out our first two beers using barrels from our own spirits.”
Barrel-aged options include:
- Pappy Krampus – Dark Rye Saison aged in a Buffalo Trace bourbon barrel, 13% ABV
- Brandy Barrel Tr3y Way – Belgian Triple aged in Thornapple brandy barrels, 8.4% ABV
- Bourbon Barrel Baltic Porter – Baltic Porter aged in Thornapple bourbon barrels, 6.5% ABV
- Tequila Barrel Aged Cider – Hard Cider aged in a 34-year-old tequila barrel, 7% ABV
- Bourbon Barrel Aged Cider – Hard Cider aged in Thornapple bourbon barrels, 7.5% ABV
In addition to the barrel-aged lineup, Thornapple Brewing Co. will offer its full draft list, wine and cocktails made with Thornapple’s in-house spirits.
The brewery’s full kitchen menu will be on hand, including its specialty pizza. Live music from three bands will take place from 2-10 p.m.
Barrelstock will be held at Thornapple Brewing Co., 6262 28th St. SE from 11 a.m.-midnight. This event is open to the public, and drink tickets will be available to purchase at the brewery.