The Grand Rapids Area Chamber of Commerce will look to fill jobs on behalf of chamber members across industries at a job fair this Thursday, Sept. 30.
The Back to Work Job Fair will be held 8 a.m.-12 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 30, at the Hilton Garden Inn, at 2321 East Beltline Ave. SE in Grand Rapids, and it will feature over 50 recruiters and hiring managers from chamber members looking to fill a variety of roles.
The event comes after extra unemployment payments of $300 per week ended nationally, affecting 442,000 Michigan workers. Without those extra federal dollars, Michigan’s top unemployment benefit reverts to $362 per week.
“There is no question that the issue of the next decade is talent. Every person that is hired is so important to our success,” said Rick Baker, president and CEO of the Grand Rapids Chamber. “The job fair is a tremendous opportunity for job seekers, whether starting their career or looking for the next challenge.”
Job seekers can register to attend at grandrapids.org/event/job-fair. Walk-ins also will be welcome.
- AHC Hospitality
- Bucher Hydraulics Inc.
- Cascade Engineering
- Consumers Credit Union
- DeWys Manufacturing
- Freddy’s Frozen Custard & Steakburgers
- Frederik Meijer Gardens & Sculpture Park
- Gymco Inc.
- H&S Companies
- Holland Home
- Lake Michigan Credit Union
- Lee Industrial Contracting
- Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation Hospital
- University of Michigan Health-West
- Michigan Wheel Marine
- Pratt Industries
- Suburban Inns
- Trilogy Health Services, The Oaks at Belmont
- Versiti Blood Center of Michigan
- Weller Truck Parts
- West Michigan Pallets
- Williamson Employment Services Inc.
- YMCA of Greater Grand Rapids
Employer booths for the event are sold out.