The Michigan Small Business Development Center – West Michigan Region awarded $26,500 to the five finalists in its inaugural Pitch Black Muskegon competition.
The Michigan SBDC – West Michigan Region hosted its first annual pitch competition called Pitch Black Muskegon for Black-owned businesses in Muskegon County on Wednesday, Nov. 3, at the Muskegon Museum of Art, at 296 W. Webster Ave. in downtown Muskegon.
The organization on Friday, Nov. 5, announced the competition’s winners in order of top placement, as follows:
- First place: Deanna Gantt, HairbyDVG Beauty Boutique — $10,000 package
- Second place: Kaja Thornton Hunter, Kaja’s Flavor — $7,000 package
- Third place: Jukia & Robert Fisher, JR Décor — $5,000 package
- Fourth place: Destinee Keener, Kuntry Cookin’ — $3,000 package
- Fifth place: Amanda Price, Amanda’s Frosted Dreams — $1,500 package
The customized services in the packages they won ranged from web development to social media to marketing and branding to accounting and legal services.
More details on the competition are at michigansbdc.org/pitchblack.