Steelcase celebrated its 100th anniversary last year with a number of community-based activities, as well as a new design and fresh coat of paint for its trucks.
Eight Michigan companies have been named to Fortune magazine’s 2013 Most Admired Companies list, including four West Michigan companies.
West Michigan companies
- Steelcase is ranked fourth in the Home Equipment and Furnishings category
- Kellogg is ranked sixth in the Consumer Food Products category
- Stryker is ranked third in the Medical Equipment category
- Whirlpool is ranked first in the Home Equipment and Furnishings category
- Dow Chemical is ranked fourth in the Chemicals category
- General Motors is ranked sixth in the Motor Vehicles category
- Ford Motor is ranked seventh in the Motor Vehicles category
- TRW Automotive Holdings is ranked seventh in the Motor Vehicles category
“Steelcase is especially proud to be included among such a respected group of industry leaders; this recognition is particularly poignant as we mark the end of our global centennial celebration,” said James Hackett, president and CEO of Steelcase. “Our commitment to insight has guided the company throughout its evolution and will bring us into the next centennial.”
All of the companies with the exception of TRW Automotive Holdings have made the list previously.
The annual list is compiled from the results of an executive survey conducted by Fortune that considers nine aspects of a company: innovation, people management, use of corporate assets, social responsibility, quality of management, long-term investment, financial soundness, quality of products and services and global competitiveness.