The Kentwood Farmers Market will return for its seventh season, starting Thursday and ending Aug. 26.
From 4:30-7:30 p.m. at the Kent District Library – Kentwood (Richard L. Root) Branch, 4950 Breton Ave. SE, there will be 20 local vendors who will be selling a variety of goods ranging from fresh produce, baked goods, syrup and cheese to fresh-cut flowers, coffee and handmade items.
The Kentwood Farmers Market also will host a variety of special classes and activities. In addition to the farmers market, the city will host the Kentwood Summer Concert Series on Thursday evenings.
The full lineup of the free classes, special events and concerts:
- June 3: Yoga class, 6 p.m.
- June 10: Meet and greet with animals from John Ball Zoo, 5 p.m.
- June 17: Makers and Crafters Day, 4:30-7:30 p.m.
- June 24: Soul Syndicate concert, 7 p.m.
- July 1: Hip-hop fit class, 6 p.m.
- July 8: Herb demonstration, 4:30-7:30 p.m.; The Bootstrap Boys concert, 7 p.m.
- July 15: Benzing Graves Collective concert, 7 p.m.
- July 22: Dalmatian Stone concert, 7 p.m.
- July 29: David Gerald concert, 7 p.m.
- 5: The Accidentals concert, 7 p.m.
- 19: Makers and Crafters Day, 4:30-7:30 p.m.
“We are looking forward to welcoming community members back to the farmers market for another season with a great lineup of vendors and special activities,” said Kristina Colby, Kentwood Recreation program coordinator. “Please join us this season for fun outdoors connecting with and supporting our local farmers and vendors.”
The Kentwood Farmers Market will accept food assistance benefits, including SNAP, Double Up Food Bucks and Senior Project FRESH/Market FRESH.
There are still a few spots available for vendors. Those who are interested can reserve a spot for $10 per day or $50 for the full season. More information about the Kentwood Farmers Market, including vendor applications, visit Kentwood Farmers Market’s website.
Marketgoers can stay up to date on special market events and seasonal items by following the Kentwood Farmers Market on Facebook.