Grand Rapids Community College is offering anyone interested in finding a computer technology job a chance to begin their journey at a career fair Wednesday.
GRCC’s Computer Applications Department will host the Career Exploration Fair for high school and college students, as well as community members.
The event is planned for 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the Wisner Botrall Applied Technology Center, at 151 Fountain St. NE.
“Computer systems analyst, network systems and communications analyst and computer software engineer are all listed on Michigan’s Hot 50 Careers,” said event organizer Luann Keizer, a GRCC computer applications professor. “You attract employers in these fields with GRCC degrees in networking, programming, computer applications and information security.”
The event's highlights are below.
- Local business people and companies — including Kelly IT, Johnson Controls, OST, Paragon, MLive and Steelcase — showcasing careers in computer fields
- Hands-on experiences that highlight an array of opportunities with computers
- Transfer institutions, such as Davenport, Ferris State and Grand Valley State universities
- Representatives from the military with technical specializations who will discuss information security paths
- GRCC academic counselors
- GRCC Computer Applications Department faculty