A drug maker in the region donated over $600,000 to community partners in response to COVID-19.
Dublin-based Perrigo, which has its North American headquarters in Allegan, said Tuesday that its charitable arm, the Perrigo Foundation, is donating $400,000 in funding and $216,000 in food relief to organizations that are essential to the pandemic response.
Tom Farrington, executive vice president, CIO and president of the Perrigo Foundation, said Perrigo was happy to help.
“Perrigo is in a unique position to respond to the COVID-19 crisis, not only by being a global provider of wellness solutions at a time when families need it most but as a corporate partner to area organizations (that) are on the frontlines of the response efforts,” he said.
“Perrigo is proud to do its part by contributing products and donations as we work together to navigate this difficult time.”
The following donations will go to nonprofits:
- $200,000 to Kids’ Food Basket to serve more than 7,000 kids a day across Kent, Ottawa, Allegan counties
- $50,000 to the Allegan County Food Pantry Collaborative for food relief for low-income families in Allegan County
- $50,000 and $16,000 in in-kind products to Meals on Wheels for food relief and home delivery for senior citizens
- $200,000 in-kind product to Feeding America West Michigan for shelf-stable pediatric nutritional drinks for food pantries
- $100,000 to the American Red Cross for its national campaign to increase critically low blood donations
These donations are the first step in what Perrigo said will be a “global response effort that will be unveiled throughout the year.”
Within the past 10 years, Perrigo and the Perrigo Charitable Foundation have provided nearly $26 million in charitable giving and more than $15 million in product donations.