The Kent County Hospitality Association is hosting a “Let’s Get Back to Work” industry job fair on Thursday, Sept. 9.
The job fair will run from 10 a.m.-6 p.m. at DeVos Place in downtown Grand Rapids.
So far, two dozen businesses have signed up to talk with potential employees about jobs in various sectors within the hospitality industry, including hotels, restaurants, breweries, distilleries, attractions, events and those providing goods and services to the industry.
There is no charge to attend the event, and parking is free in the lot underneath DeVos Place.
- Affordable Limousine
- AHC Hospitality
- Aimbridge Hospitality
- Anna’s House
- ASM Global – Grand Rapids
- Best Western Plus Grand Castle Inn & Suites
- Bier Distillery
- Block by Block
- Bluewater Technologies
- Brewery Vivant and Broad Leaf Brewery & Spirits
- City of Grand Rapids
- Culinary Cultivations
- Daddy Pete’s BBQ
- Danzon Cubano
- DK Security
- DoubleTree by Hilton Grand Rapids
- Ellis Parking Company
- Founders Brewing Company
- Frederik Meijer Gardens & Sculpture Park
- Gilmore Catering
- GLC Live at 20 Monroe
- Grand Rapids Harley-Davidson & Fox Powersports
- Grand Rapids Public Museum
- Grand Valley State University/HTM
- Gun Lake Casino
- Holiday Inn Express Lodge and Suites
- Holiday Inn Grand Rapids Airport
- Holiday Inn Grand Rapids Downtown
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Grand Rapids Downtown
- IATSE Local 26
- John Ball Zoo
- KITCHEN SAGE
- Lodgco Hospitality
- N&P Hospitality Inc.
- New Holland Brewing Co.
- Radisson Hotel Grand Rapids Riverfront & River Rock Dining and Lounge
- Railside Golf Club
- RedWater Collection
- Revel Hospitality Staffing
- ShowSpan/GR Wine Festival
- Spectrum Health
- Staffing Inc.
- Suburban Inns
- Texas Roadhouse
- The Plaza Hotel Grand Rapids
- Tru by Hilton Grand Rapids Airport
- Uccello’s Hospitality Group
The list of participating businesses is also online.
Pandemic safety protocol
The organizers are asking that masks be worn during the job fair at all times, except when eating or drinking. This includes any social gatherings and interviews being held on the exhibit floor. As of press time, masks are required in Grand Rapids; this, however, may change, and the organizers said they will abide by any restrictions and guidelines the local health authorities impose.
A limited supply of masks will be available at registration, and hand sanitizer stations will be staged throughout DeVos Place, including on the exhibit hall floor. People are asked to practice social distancing of six feet wherever possible.
DeVos Place has engaged a sanitation program that includes upgrades to its HVAC air filtration system and disinfection of high-touch areas.
If anyone suspects they may have contracted and are showing symptoms of COVID-19, they should not come to the job fair.
A full list of regulations is at devosplace.org/p/about1/venueshield.