The annual Irish on Ionia street party in downtown Grand Rapids draws about 20,000 people. Photo via fb.com
A major St. Patrick’s Day celebration is entering its eighth year in downtown Grand Rapids.
Irish on Ionia will take place this Saturday from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.
The street festival will cover three city blocks along Ionia Avenue, including the Area 3 parking lot south of Weston.
Nearly 100 percent of the waste produced at Irish on Ionia is diverted from landfills.
Irish on Ionia 2018 will feature a number of drink, food and entertainment options:
- Waldron Kegs and Eggs, a buffet-style breakfast from 7-10 a.m. (free to first 200 guests)
- Shamrock, Paper, Scissors Tournament
- Guinness main stage with live entertainment
- Irish Jig second stage
- Guinness brewpub tent, featuring Guinness Stout and Blonde Lager, Harp and Smithwicks
- Miller Lite green beer brew tent
- Odd Side Ales fest tent
- Smirnoff RedBull House
- Bulleit Bourbon Bar
- Irish-inspired street food court
- ESPN NCAA basketball tent, televising March Madness games throughout the day
- Celtic dancers, bag pipers and Irish circus troupes
Tickets are available online, as well as at HopCat, Stella’s Lounge and Grand Rapids Brewing Company or at the gate the day of the event.