A staffing and recruiting agency will host an on-site hiring event at a food manufacturing plant in Kentwood.
WSI Workforce Strategies Inc. said it will host a job fair at Roskam Baking Company, at 3035 32nd St. SE in Kentwood, from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. April 9.
Founded in 1923, Roskam is a family-owned and -operated business that makes a variety of private-label bakery products and snacks.
WSI is teaming up with Roskam to fill general labor and machine operator positions on all shifts. Roskam is looking for associates that will thrive in a team-oriented work environment that offers temp-to-hire opportunities, as well as vacation time, medical benefits and a pay increase upon hire. Pay rates begin at $14 per hour.
“What job seekers will love about working at Roskam is spending their days working with such sweet products,” said Ana Post, WSI Grand Rapids branch manager. “The roles we are hiring for work to produce some of the world’s most popular candy bars and marshmallows. Associates also love the atmosphere of working with a family-owned company (that is) committed to seeing (its) employees grow within the company.”
Job seekers are asked to maintain Good Manufacturing Practice compliance while attending the hiring event by following these apparel guidelines:
- Wear a plain T-shirt with no images or writing. The shirt must be clean and tucked in, without buttons or strings. No hoodies are allowed in the facility. If cold, applicants are asked to wear a long-sleeved shirt under their T-shirt.
- No jeans, leggings or sweatpants are allowed.
- Wear closed-toed shoes.
- No jewelry, watches or beaded belts are allowed. Wedding bands without stones are OK.
- No piercings, tongue rings or tissue piercings are allowed.
- No artificial nails, nail polish or fake eyelashes are allowed.
Due to COVID-19, all applicants will have their temperatures taken with a temporal scanner before entering the building. Face masks are required inside, and if people don’t come with one, WSI will provide one. Standing areas are marked with 6-feet distancing, and there are hand sanitizer stations throughout the building.
To help expedite the process, job seekers are asked to bring two forms of identification.
Applicants can learn more by contacting WSI’s Grand Rapids office here.