Bistro Bella Vita is one the restaurants that participates in Restaurant Week GR. Courtesy Experience Grand Rapids
The menus for more than 65 restaurants participating in Restaurant Week 2013 were released today.
The fresh from the farm, three-course options include a variety of Michigan’s best seasonal fare, including recipes made with fresh peaches, apples, sweet corn, local micro greens, peas, green beans, sweet tomatoes and much more.
The Restaurant Week menu items will be $25 or two for $25 at all participating restaurants.
The event will be Aug. 14-24.
Sample menu selections
- Rabbit braised in Grapefruit Moon Beer from Harmony Brewing Co., wild rice, jus, grapefruit wedge, at Bar Divani
- Great Lakes perch, fries, coleslaw and homemade tartar sauce, at FireRock Grille
- 1/2 lb. blue-lip mussels, sautéed in garlic and ginger, served with coconut sauce and toasted pita bread, at Ju Sushi. (sake flights, wine flights and beer flights)
- Two corn tortillas produced at El Milagro Tortilleria, wrapped around your choice of seasoned chicken or cheese, then topped with our delicious made-from-scratch ranchero mole sauce and cheese, served with Mexican rice, homemade refried beans and sour cream, at Lindo Mexico Restaurant
- Perfectly seasoned local beef tenderloin, served Sicilian style with fresh tomatoes, basil and garlic. Served with local pan-roasted asparagus and panelle cake, at Licari’s Sicilian Italian Pizzaria
- Quarter rack of buffalo ribs, glazed with a mango BBQ sauce, accompanied with southern sweet potatoes and jicama slaw, from the TimbersFresh chicken breast from Sysco filled with ham and cheese, covered with flor de calabaza sauce (squash blossom), at El Granjero
The full list of searchable menus is online.
Maps showing all of the restaurants participating in Restaurant Week Grand Rapids 2013 are now available at all Founders Bank & Trust branches and at Ferris Coffee and Nut, at 227 Winter Avenue, NW, Grand Rapids — or online at RestaurantWeekGR.com.
One dollar from every Restaurant Week meal sold during the event will be donated by each of the restaurants to a student scholarship fund at Secchia Institute for Culinary Education.
Since 2010, Restaurant Week Grand Rapids has donated almost $60,000 to the GRCC Secchia Institute Student Scholarship Fund.