A mentor-driven, proof-of-concept camp for startups is looking for 10 qualified participants.
Lakeshore Advantage said it is accepting applications for its SURGE Boostcamp now through July 24 for the program’s second cohort, which runs Sept. 12-Nov. 18.
Last fall, 11 companies graduated from the first class, as the Business Journal previously reported.
“This 12-week, mentor-driven, proof-of-concept program is for founders of product and/or technology startups who are looking to rapidly test ideas by gathering customer feedback,” Lakeshore Advantage said.
The camp, which Zeeland-based auto supplier Gentex is sponsoring, will help participants:
- Identify their true target market
- Get valuable input from customers
- De-risk their business
- Build a solution the marketplace wants
- Get a framework, accountability and coaching to keep them focused and on track
The format for the camp is as follows:
- Virtual delivery using LeanStack framework and resources
- Weekly peer and mentor feedback sessions via Zoom
- A few in-person sessions, if possible, in Holland
Ten West Michigan startup companies with their teams will be selected for the program.
Startups will pay a $150 deposit upfront, and upon completion of the program, they will receive a $100 refund.
More information about SURGE Boostcamp, including how to apply, is available at lakeshoreadvantage.com/surge_Boostcamp.