Spectrum Health recently announced it is temporarily closing all walk-in clinics to halt the spread of COVID-19 and is encouraging people to connect virtually with a provider. Courtesy Spectrum Health
West Michigan’s largest health system is opening 14 drop-off sites for certain medical supplies to stretch its capacity during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Spectrum Health donation sites, listed below with hours of operation, open at noon Tuesday, March 24.
While Spectrum continues to maintain a supply of masks and other personal protective equipment for its patients and health care providers, the hospital said it is working to “stretch our supply” and turning to the community “because we anticipate the need will continue to grow.”
The following items will be accepted at the donation sites:
- N95 Masks
- Isolation masks (adult/child)
- Masks with face shield/visor
- Handmade or sewn reusable masks
- Face shields
- Goggles/safety glasses
- Bouffant caps
- Extended extra protection gloves — all sizes
- Isolation gowns
- Bleach wipes
- Swabs (flexible mini-tip)
- Pocket-sized sanitizer
- Thermometers (digital, disposable, temporal)
Traveling to drop-off sites to donate medical supplies does not violate Michigan’s statewide stay-at-home order, which allows for an exception to the order for providing necessities to “individuals who need assistance as a result of this emergency.”
To reduce the risk of exposure, the health system is asking donors to place donations in the bins provided at each location while maintaining a distance of at least 6 feet from others.
Spectrum Health is not accepting donations of 3D printed items, other medical equipment, medications or blankets.
If individuals have a large donation requiring special arrangements or a question about a donation, they should plan to email Spectrum’s supply chain team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More information on donations of supplies or funding also is available online.
Spectrum will accept donations at the following locations, 7 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday unless otherwise indicated:
1. Spectrum Health Big Rapids Family Medicine, 650 Linden St., Suite 1, Big Rapids
2. Spectrum Health South Pavilion, 80 68th St. SE, Cutlerville
3. Spectrum Health Gerber Memorial Multispecialty Clinic, 230 W. Oak St., Fremont
4. Spectrum Health Medical Group Family Medicine, 3152 Port Sheldon St., Suite C, Hudsonville
5. Health Pointe*, 15100 Whittaker Way, Grand Haven
6. Spectrum Health Integrated Care Campus – East Beltline, 2750 East Beltline Ave. NE, Grand Rapids
7. Spectrum Health Medical Group Lake Drive, 4100 Lake Drive SE, Grand Rapids, 9 a.m.-9 p.m. Monday-Friday
8. Spectrum Health United Greenville Family Medicine, 1202 W. Oak St., Greenville
9. Spectrum Health Pennock State Street Center, 1108 W, State St., Hastings
10. Spectrum Health Integrated Care Campus – Holland, 588 E. Lakewood Blvd., Holland
11. Spectrum Health Integrated Care Campus – Ionia, 2776 S. State Road, Ionia
12. Spectrum Health Ludington Hospital Family Medicine, 922 Lawndale St., Ludington
13. Spectrum Health Integrated Care Campus – North Muskegon, 2009 Holton Road, Muskegon
14. Spectrum Health Integrated Care Campus – Rockford, 8501 Meadow Creek Drive, Rockford
*Health Pointe is a joint venture of Spectrum Health and Holland Hospital.