Heart of West Michigan United Way has appointed its 2017-2018 board of directors.
The board consists of 20 members who serve three-year terms.
To sit on the board, United Way seeks out community leaders who are committed to creating lasting, sustainable changes for Kent County and are passionate about building a thriving community.
“We are fortunate to have a strong and active board of directors, staff and organization,” said Michelle Van Dyke, president and CEO, Heart of West Michigan United Way. “The recently elected leadership and the returning board members will help us collaboratively address complex community issues with many other community organizations.”
Chair: Janet Veldhouse, director, global operations finance, Steelcase
Vice Chair: Robert Kaminski, president and CEO, Mercantile Bank of Michigan
Secretary/Treasurer: Mary Command, principal and CFO, Williams Group
Past Chairperson: Richard Pappas, president, Davenport University
Past Campaign Chair: Jamie Mills, president, JRM Holdings
First-term board members
Bill Pink, president, Grand Rapids Community College
Greg Hahn, principal, Crowe Horwath
Gwen Sandefur, president, Spectrum Health Hospital Group
Timothy Williams, vice president, assistant general counsel, Meijer
Returning board members
Renwick Brutus, speaker, consultant, Achievement Resource
Khumbo Croft, HR compliance manager, Gordon Food Service
Marisa Didur, director of communications, United Food & Commercial Workers, UFCW Local 951
Floriza Genautis, CEO, Management Business Solutions
Jack Greenfield, president/CEO, Arbor Circle
Claire Groen, vice president, global litigation, employment law and governance, Amway
Mary Hannon, director of marketing, Aspen Surgical
Michael Jandernoa, founder, 42 North Partners
Ryan Letts, president, CWA Local 4034
Yvonne Trupiano, senior vice president, chief human resources officer, SpartanNash
Tom Welch, president and CEO, Fifth Third Bank Western Michigan
Heart of West Michigan United Way unites community resources to reduce poverty in Kent County.
Founded in 1917 and locally operated, the nonprofit has been a part of Kent County for 100 years and connects community resources to pressing community needs through direct programming, community engagement and partnerships with local nonprofits, companies, donors and volunteers.