Three West Michigan nursing schools have been ranked among the “best” in the state for 2020.
Nursingprocess.org, an online nursing educational resource, listed nursing school rankings for associate degree programs and for bachelor’s or graduate degree programs.
Muskegon Community College was ranked second in the state for its associate program, and Grand Rapids Community College was ranked eighth.
Grand Valley State University was ranked third in the state for its four-year and graduate programs.
The rankings were based on four weighted factors: academic quality (30%), the NCLEX-RN first time pass rate for the past four years (30%), affordability (20%) and the nursing school’s reputation (20%). These factors are based on what the company believes is “important in defining a nursing student's preparedness for success in personal and professional life.”
‘Best’ nursing schools for associate degree
1. Monroe County Community College
2. Muskegon Community College
3. St Clair County Community College
4. Lake Michigan College
5. Southwestern Michigan College
6. Delta College
7. Schoolcraft College
8. Grand Rapids Community College
9. Alpena Community College
10. Lansing Community College
‘Best’ nursing schools for bachelor’s and grad degrees
1. Michigan State University
2. University of Michigan
3. Grand Valley State University
4. University of Detroit Mercy
5. Madonna University
6. Wayne State University
7. Northern Michigan University
8. Andrews University
9. University of Michigan-Flint
10. Eastern Michigan University