One Bourbon says, "Beer City is missing the bourbon!" Photo via fb.com
A Kentucky Derby-themed bar crawl will be racing through the city’s West Side this weekend.
The Derby Day Bar Crawl on Bridge will take place on Saturday from noon to 7 p.m. and cover Bridge Street NW, between Summer and Lexington avenues.
West Side establishments, including The Knickerbocker, Butcher’s Union, Søvengård, Anchor Bar, One Bourbon, O’Toole’s and Harmony Hall, are participating in the crawl.
Registration will happen from noon to 2 p.m. at The Knickerbocker.
Food and drink specials will be available at the following locations and times:
- 2-7 p.m. – drink and food specials at Anchor Bar and O'Toole's
- 2-4 p.m. – drink and food specials at Butcher's Union
- 3-5 p.m. – drink and food specials at Søvengård
- 5-7 p.m. – viewing party at One Bourbon, plus drink and food specials
- 7 p.m. – live music after party at Harmony Hall
Participants are encouraged to “dress to impress,” and prizes will be given based on the following:
- Most creative outfit – Mug club membership at The Knickerbocker and $25 gift card to Anchor Bar
- Best hat – Mug club membership at Harmony Hall and $25 gift card to O'Toole's
- Best group (more than four) – $50 gift card to One Bourbon and $50 gift card to Søvengård
- Grand prize: Best-dressed couple – Chef's table at Butcher's Union for four people with drink pairings
Photos will be taken at registration and loaded onto the event’s Facebook and Instagram feeds. Finalists will be determined by the most likes, comments and shares on social media and judged by a Derby Day co-op before the grand finale. Winners will be determined by round of applause and a panel of judges.
Attendees must be 21 or over and have valid ID to enter. Tickets are available online, at participants’ websites or at the gates until sold out.