KALAMAZOO — Bronson Healthcare Group is responding to the needs generated by an increasing patient population and a growing work force by opening a new 603-space parking ramp on Monday, July 19.
The new ramp, called the Jasper Street Ramp, offers free parking for patients and visitors using services on Bronson’s North Campus (buildings north of Walnut Street), including the adult medical unit, Semper Care Long-Term Acute Care Hospital, the Bronson Sleep Laboratory, pediatric and adult rehabilitation, pulmonary outpatient rehabilitation, the Diabetes Education Center, the Wound and Burn Clinic and human resources department.
The Jasper Street Ramp will also provide parking for people attending events at the Gilmore Center for Health Education, as well as some physicians and Jasper Clinic volunteers. The top three levels of the seven-story ramp will be available for Bronson employee parking.
The public will enter the Jasper Street Ramp from Healthcare Plaza (off Walnut Street) and exit at Jasper.
Additional changes are being made to enhance parking for Bronson patients, customers, visitors, physicians and employees.
At the South Campus:
- Public parking convenient for people visiting inpatients in the Bronson’s East Pavilion will be added at the corner of Jasper and Walnut streets. There are currently two other public parking lots on Jasper Street, between Walnut and Vine streets.
- The 754-space Vine Street Ramp will be dedicated to public parking for South Campus patients and visitors.
- Valet parking is also available at the hospital’s main entrance on John Street.
- At the North Campus:
- A ramp on the corner of Walnut Street and Healthcare Plaza, formerly called the South Ramp, is being renamed the Walnut Street Ramp; it will now provide employee-only parking.
- The North Ramp, on the corner of Lovell and Jasper streets, continues to offer employee-only parking, and is being renamed the Lovell Street Ramp.
Since 2000, Bronson has added a total of 1,273 new parking spaces to its downtown campus.