The nominees for the award are:
- Alticor, for its move into nutritional genomics
- The opening of the Cook DeVos Center for Health Sciences, remaking regional health education
- The Right Place Inc., for its Manufacturers Council white paper
- Riviera Tool Co., for showing how to compete successfully on a sharply sloping playing field
- The completion, grand opening and first convention at DeVos Place
- Richard Whitmer, CEO of Michigan Blue Cross-Blue Shield, for winning small business health insurance legislative reform
- Jack Buchanan and his Gallium Group LLC, for undying persistence in their Calder Plaza hotel proposal
- Keith Brophy, of Sagestone Consulting, and Robertson Research Institute of Saginaw, for delivering the promise of top-flight medical care for all humanity
- Spectrum Health’s CEO Rick Breon for bringing attention to Medicaid under-funding and its private sector consequence
- Congressman Peter Hoekstra, R-Holland, for a legislative victory that should open federal procurement to the private sector.
The luncheon is in the Ambassador Ballroom at the Amway Grand Plaza.