In addition to student housing, Wolverine Building Group has been busy with other projects.
Wolverine worked with Post Architects on the new Kentwood District Library at 4950 Breton Ave. SE. The two-story library has computer labs, an entrepreneurial center, a conference and meeting center, a local history room, a rooftop patio, a large community room, and a courtyard with a small amphitheater. The $6.5 million project also features a white roof, natural lighting and energy-efficient mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems.
Wolverine also built the new Peppino’s South Grille & Pizzeria at 1515 Eastport Drive in Gaines Township. The restaurant, which opened last month, features a large amount of custom woodworking.
Wolverine also turned a former D&W Fresh Market at 5114 28th St. SE into a new ALDI. The discount grocer, located in the Waterfall Shoppes shopping center, has 20,000 square feet of space.
Wolverine has a few major projects that are nearing completion, including the 14-story Helen DeVos Children’s Hospital on Michigan Street in Grand Rapids and the three-story Farmers Insurance Call Center in Caledonia.